Friday, March 20, 2015

Noteflight Exploration - Bicycle Built for Two

I copied an arrangement of "Bicycle Built for Two" using www.noteflight.com

http://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/b53166773fae43aaf50cf8c09b38ce98e9711f9e

Using Noteflight was fun and very accessible.  I found that it was very easy to understand once I got going with the composition.  I believe Noteflight could be a very valuable tool in the classroom.  I do not have ready access to multiple desktop or laptop computers at this time, but we have an iPad cart that would be more accessible to my students.  I have played with the website just a little on my iPad, but from what i can see, the students would need keyboard knowledge in order to input notes.  Note input on the desktop or laptop computer allows for clicking on the staff.  Noteflight would be a wonderful tool for students to use in homework as well.  Since they can share and edit through the site, they could work collaboratively and turn it into the teacher via email or a blog.  The class can listen and evaluate one another's compositions.

No comments:

Post a Comment